How to export one or multiple emails to excel file in Outlook?
Have you ever tried to export one or multiple emails to an excel file in Outlook? That means to save the emails as excel file. In this article, I introduce some methods on handling this task.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, you can batch export all emails in one folder to one excel file.
1. Click File > Open > Import in Outlook 2010; in Outlook 2013 or later version, click File > Open & Export > Import/Export. See screenshot:
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, click Export to a file, and click Next. See screenshot:
3. Click Microsoft Excel 97-2003 in Export to File dialog, and click Next again.
Note: Since Outlook 2013, it does not support to export to Microsoft Excel 97-2003 directly. Please click Comma Separated Values.
4. Select a folder you want to export the emails as Excel file, click Next.
5. Then click Browse to select a folder and give a file name to the files. See screenshot:
6. Click OK > Next to go to the last step, click Finish.
Note: If the Finish button is invalid, please check the Export “E-Mail messages” from folder: option firstly.
Now the emails in Inbox (the folder you select) have been exported to an Excel file.
Note: If you are using Excel 2013 or later versions and check Comma Separated Values at Step 3, the emails will be exported as a CSV file. You can convert the CSV file to an Excel workbook easily by Save as feature.
With above method, all emails are crowed put into one excel file which does not look well. However, if you have Kutools for Outlook, you can use the Save as File function to save one email as one Excel file.
|Kutools for Outlook, Includes 20+ powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Click on the email you want to export to Excel file, click Kutools > Save as File. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Save message as other files dialog, select one path you want to save the new file, and check Excel format option. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the selected message has been exported as Excel file.
Tip: With the Save as File function, you also export multiple emails to separate Excel files.
100+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!