How to get an important email alert in Outlook?
In many cases, you may need to mark some emails as important ones and get a special reminder when receiving in Outlook. This article will show you methods of getting an important email alert when a specified email arrives in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can mark an email as important based on a specific sender and only get alert of all emails from this sender in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Click File > Options. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left pane, then uncheck all options in the Message arrival section, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
2. Now you need to create a rule for the important email. Please click Rules > Manage Rules & Alert under Home tab. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button.
4. In the Rules Wizard dialog box, you need to:
1) Click the Play a sound when I get messages from someone in Step 1: Select a template box;
2) Click the people or public group link in the Step 2 box, and select a sender you will mark all emails as important which send him;
3) Click a sound link to choose a sound as you need;
4) Click the Finish button. See screenshot:
5. When it returns to the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the OK button to save the rule.
From now on, when receiving emails from this specific email address, a specified sound will play from reminder.
Besides getting important email alert by the sender, you can also mark emails as important based on subject. Please do as follows.
1. Repeat the above step 1 to uncheck all options in the Message arrival section.
2. Click Rules > Manage Rules & Alert to open the Rules and Alerts dialog box. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button.
4. In the Rules Wizard dialog box, click the Apply rule on message I receive in the Start from a blank rule section, and then click the Next button. See screenshot:
5. In the second Rules Wizard dialog box, you need to:
1) Check the with specific words in the subject box;
2) Click the word “specific words” in the Step 2 box;
3) In the Search Text dialog box, enter the specified words or phrases of email subject;
4) Click the Add button and the OK button consecutively.
5) Click the Next button. See screenshot:
6. In the third Rules Wizard dialog box, check the play a sound box in the Step 1 section, and click the a sound link in the Step 2 section to select a play sound. See screenshot:
7. Click the Finish button.
5. And click the OK button to save the rule when it returns to the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
From now on, when receiving emails which contain specify words or phrases in the subject, a specified sound will play for reminder.
This section will introduce the Messages Reminders utility of Kutools for Outlook for you to quickly get an important email alert based on text in subject, body, sender name or sender’s email address in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Message Reminders > Message Reminders. See screenshot:
2. In the Important Messages Reminders Options window, check the email accounts you want to display important email alert when receiving emails.
3. Go to the Rules tab, click the New button to add texts you will scan for important emails, and click the OK button.
From now on, when email arrives in certain email accounts with specified text in subject, body, sender name or sender’s email address, the email will be displayed in the Message Reminders box on the top of the mailing list. You can double click the email in the Message Reminders box to open it. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to manage your rules, please click Kutools Plus > Messages Reminders > Important messages Reminders Options to open the Options window and then manage the rules as you need.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.