How to export email to msg file in Outlook?
In some cases, you may want to export one email from the Outlook to the MSG file in your folder in the computer, how can you handle it? Here I will introduce the Save As function in Outlook to solve this job.
Save or Export Multiple emails to other fomat files(PDF/HTML/WORD/EXCEL) in Outlook
|Sometimes, you may want to save or export the emails to a folder as other format files, such as PDF, Word or Excel files in Outlook. In Outlook, neither of the Save as and Export function can handle this job. However, Kutools for Outlook's Save as file utility can export multiple emails to a folder as files with multiple formats at once time . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
In Outlook, you can use the Save As function to export an Email to an MSG file.
1. Select the email in the email list, and then click File > Save As.
2. Then in the Save As dialog, select a folder to place the export file, and give a name for the file (by default, it is named with the subject contents).
3. Click Save, and then the email has been saved in the folder you specify.
In Outlook, the Save As function only can save email as text fie, MSG file, MHT file and HTML file. If you want to save email to PDF, Excel or Word file, the Save as File utility of Kutools for Outlook can help you to save multiple emails to multiple formats at a time.
|Kutools for Outlook, Includes 20+ powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365. |
1. Select the emails you want to export to another file format, click Kutools > Save as File. See screenshot:
2. In the Save messages as other files dialog, specify the folder you want to save the files into, then in the Select Save file format section, check the file formats you want to convert emails to. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok.
4. Now a dialog box comes out and shows how many messages have been converted. Please click the OK button to close it.
Now the emails you selected have been saved as the file formats you specified.