How to add Gmail account to Outlook using Imap?
This article, I will talk about how to add Gmail account to Outlook by using Imap server.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following steps may help you to add a Gmail account to Outlook, please do as this:
1. First, you should go to the Gmail account to change some settings, in the Gmail account, click Settings icon, and then choose Settings from the drop down, see screenshot:
2. On the Settings screen, please do the following operations:
(1.) Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab;
(2.) Check Enable IMAP option;
(3.) Click Save Changes button at the right bottom.
3. After changing the settings from Gmail account, then you can add the account into Outlook. Please click File > Info > Add Account, see screenshot:
4. In the Add Account dialog box, choose Manual setup or additional sever types option，see screenshot:
5. Click Next button, and select POP or IMAP option, see screenshot:
6. Go on clicking Next button, in the POP and IMAP Account Settings section, please do the following operations:
(1.) Enter your account name and email address;
(2.) Select IMAP from the Account Type drop down list, and input imap.googlemail.com into the Incoming mail server text box, then enter smtp.googlemail.com into the Outgoing mail server text box;
(3.) Then, enter the user name and password of your Gmail account;
(4.) At last, click More Settings button.
7. In the popping out Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, click Outgoing Server tab, and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server options, see screenshot:
8. Then click Advanced tab still in the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, enter the following information in each textboxes:
(1.) Incoming server: 993
(2.) Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
(3.) Outgoing server: 587
(4.) Use the following type of encrypted connection : TLS
Note: You need to select the type of encrypted connection for the outgoing server TLS before entering the port number 587. Or the port number will be back to port 25 when you change the type of encrypted connection.
9. Then click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, go on click Next button in the Add Account dialog, and then a Test Account Settings dialog is popped out, after finishing the test, click Close button, see screenshot:
10. And then you can see a screen saying “You’re all set!”. Click Finish button to close it.
11. Now, your Gmail account has been added into the Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.