How to add Gmail account to Outlook using Imap?
This article, I will talk about how to add Gmail account to Outlook by using Imap server.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The following steps may help you to add a Gmail account to Outlook, please do as this:
1. First, you should go to the Gmail account to change some settings, in the Gmail account, click Settings icon, and then choose Settings from the drop down, see screenshot:
2. On the Settings screen, please do the following operations:
(1.) Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab;
(2.) Check Enable IMAP option;
(3.) Click Save Changes button at the right bottom.
3. After changing the settings from Gmail account, then you can add the account into Outlook. Please click File > Info > Add Account, see screenshot:
4. In the Add Account dialog box, choose Manual setup or additional sever types option，see screenshot:
5. Click Next button, and select POP or IMAP option, see screenshot:
6. Go on clicking Next button, in the POP and IMAP Account Settings section, please do the following operations:
(1.) Enter your account name and email address;
(2.) Select IMAP from the Account Type drop down list, and input imap.googlemail.com into the Incoming mail server text box, then enter smtp.googlemail.com into the Outgoing mail server text box;
(3.) Then, enter the user name and password of your Gmail account;
(4.) At last, click More Settings button.
7. In the popping out Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, click Outgoing Server tab, and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server options, see screenshot:
8. Then click Advanced tab still in the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, enter the following information in each textboxes:
(1.) Incoming server: 993
(2.) Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
(3.) Outgoing server: 587
(4.) Use the following type of encrypted connection : TLS
Note: You need to select the type of encrypted connection for the outgoing server TLS before entering the port number 587. Or the port number will be back to port 25 when you change the type of encrypted connection.
9. Then click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, go on click Next button in the Add Account dialog, and then a Test Account Settings dialog is popped out, after finishing the test, click Close button, see screenshot:
10. And then you can see a screen saying “You’re all set!”. Click Finish button to close it.
11. Now, your Gmail account has been added into the Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.