How to automatically remove the attachments after emails sending from the sent items?
When sending email with some attachments, the attachments will be stored with the emails into the sent items folder by default. To reduce the size of your PST file, you may want to remove the attachments from the sent items automatically after emails sending. This article, I will talk about this task in Outlook.
The following VBA code can help you to auto delete the attachments after emails sending from your Outlook, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Auto remove attachments after emails sending from the sent items:
Public WithEvents SentMailItems As Outlook.Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Set SentMailItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderSentMail).Items End Sub Sub SentMailItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) Dim xSentMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim xAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim xAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim xAttachmentInfo As String On Error Resume Next If Item.Class = olMail Then Set xSentMail = Item End If Set xAttachments = xSentMail.Attachments For i = xAttachments.Count To 1 Step -1 Set xAttachment = xAttachments.Item(i) xAttachmentInfo = "<HTML><BODY>" & xAttachment.DisplayName & _ "</BODY></HTML>" & vbCrLf & xAttachmentInfo xAttachment.Delete Next xSentMail.HTMLBody = "<HTML><BODY><font color=#FF0000>Attachment Removed: </font><br/></BODY></HTML>" & _ xAttachmentInfo & "<HTML><BODY><br/></BODY></HTML>" & xSentMail.HTMLBody xSentMail.Save End Sub
3. After inserting the above code, please restart your Outlook to make the code take effect.
4. From now on, when you send emails with attachments, the attachments will be deleted automatically from the sent items as following screenshot shown:
Note: This code is only available to the default data account.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.