How to automatically remove the attachments after emails sending from the sent items?
When sending email with some attachments, the attachments will be stored with the emails into the sent items folder by default. To reduce the size of your PST file, you may want to remove the attachments from the sent items automatically after emails sending. This article, I will talk about this task in Outlook.
The following VBA code can help you to auto delete the attachments after emails sending from your Outlook, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Auto remove attachments after emails sending from the sent items:
Public WithEvents SentMailItems As Outlook.Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Set SentMailItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderSentMail).Items End Sub Sub SentMailItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) Dim xSentMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim xAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim xAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim xAttachmentInfo As String On Error Resume Next If Item.Class = olMail Then Set xSentMail = Item End If Set xAttachments = xSentMail.Attachments For i = xAttachments.Count To 1 Step -1 Set xAttachment = xAttachments.Item(i) xAttachmentInfo = "<HTML><BODY>" & xAttachment.DisplayName & _ "</BODY></HTML>" & vbCrLf & xAttachmentInfo xAttachment.Delete Next xSentMail.HTMLBody = "<HTML><BODY><font color=#FF0000>Attachment Removed: </font><br/></BODY></HTML>" & _ xAttachmentInfo & "<HTML><BODY><br/></BODY></HTML>" & xSentMail.HTMLBody xSentMail.Save End Sub
3. After inserting the above code, please restart your Outlook to make the code take effect.
4. From now on, when you send emails with attachments, the attachments will be deleted automatically from the sent items as following screenshot shown:
Note: This code is only available to the default data account.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.