How to import msg files from file system to Outlook folder?
Normally, you can import msg files from file system to an Outlook folder by dragging and dropping. In this article, we are going to show you an easy method to import all msg files from a file system to a specified Outlook folder in details.
Please do as follows to import msg files from file system to a specified folder in Outlook.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Import msg files from file system to Outlook folder
Sub ImportMessagesInFolder() Dim xFSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject Dim xSourceFld As Scripting.Folder Dim xSourceFldPath As String Dim xFileItem As Scripting.File Dim xMSG As Object Dim xMailItem As MailItem Dim xSaveFld As Outlook.Folder On Error Resume Next Set xFSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject Set xSelFolder = CreateObject("Shell.Application").BrowseForFolder(0, "Select a folder：", 0, 0) If Not TypeName(xSelFolder) = "Nothing" Then xSourceFldPath = xSelFolder.self.Path + "\" Else xSourceFldPath = "" Exit Sub End If Set xSourceFld = xFSO.GetFolder(xSourceFldPath) Set xSaveFld = GetObject("", "Outlook.Application").GetNamespace("MAPI").PickFolder If TypeName(xSaveFld) = "Nothing" Then Exit Sub End If For Each xFileItem In xSourceFld.Files Set xMSG = Session.OpenSharedItem(xFileItem.Path) Set xMailItem = xMSG.Copy xMailItem.Move xSaveFld Set xMailItem = Nothing xMSG.Delete Set xMSG = Nothing Next xFileItem Set xFileItem = Nothing Set xSourceFld = Nothing Set xFSO = Nothing End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the opening Browse For Folder dialog box, select the folder contains the msg files you will import to Outlook folder, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now a Select Folder dialog box pops up, please select an Outlook folder to save the imported msg files, and click the OK button.
Then all msg files in a certain folder in your file system are imported into a specified Outlook folder immediately.
Easily save selected emails as different format files in Outlook:
With the Bulk Save utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can easily save multiple selected emails as individual HTML format file, TXT format file, Word document, CSV file as well as PDF file in Outlook as the below demo shown.
Download and try it now! (60-day free trail)
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!