How to batch change file as format for all contacts in Outlook?
In general, the contact files are displayed as Last name First name in Outlook, but how can you quickly batch change the contact files as format to Company or other order as below screenshot shown? The Option Default “File as” order only can work for the new contact but not the existed ones. Here, I introduce a VBA code to batch change file as format for all existed contacts in Outlook.
remove all duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders in outlook
|In sometimes, we may repeatly add the same contacts, how can remove the duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders? Kutools for Outlook's Duplicate Contacts function can quickly remove or merge duplicate contacts based on emails, full name or other criteria from one or more contacts folders . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
1. Select the contacts you want to change the file as, press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Double click at ThisOutlookSession in Project-Project1 pane, and copy and paste below code to the blank script.
VBA: Change file as
Sub ChangeFileAsforContracts() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180404 Dim xSelItems As Object Dim xItem As Object Dim xContact As ContactItem Dim xFileAs As String On Error Resume Next If Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder.DefaultItemType <> olContactItem Then MsgBox "Please select the contact folder first", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Kutools for Outlook" Exit Sub End If Set xSelItem = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection For Each xItem In xSelItem If xItem.Class = olContact Then Set xContact = xItem With xContact If .CompanyName = "" Then xFileAs = .FullName Else xFileAs = .CompanyName End If .FileAs = xFileAs .Save End With End If Next End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, then all selected contacts have been changed the file as company.
1. In the code, you can change CompanyName to other fields you want to display file as.
2. If there is no company information, it will display the full name.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.