How to batch change file as format for all contacts in Outlook?
In general, the contact files are displayed as Last name First name in Outlook, but how can you quickly batch change the contact files as format to Company or other order as below screenshot shown? The Option Default “File as” order only can work for the new contact but not the existed ones. Here, I introduce a VBA code to batch change file as format for all existed contacts in Outlook.
1. Select the contacts you want to change the file as, press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Double click at ThisOutlookSession in Project-Project1 pane, and copy and paste below code to the blank script.
VBA: Change file as
Sub ChangeFileAsforContracts() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180404 Dim xSelItems As Object Dim xItem As Object Dim xContact As ContactItem Dim xFileAs As String On Error Resume Next If Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder.DefaultItemType <> olContactItem Then MsgBox "Please select the contact folder first", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Kutools for Outlook" Exit Sub End If Set xSelItem = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection For Each xItem In xSelItem If xItem.Class = olContact Then Set xContact = xItem With xContact If .CompanyName = "" Then xFileAs = .FullName Else xFileAs = .CompanyName End If .FileAs = xFileAs .Save End With End If Next End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, then all selected contacts have been changed the file as company.
1. In the code, you can change CompanyName to other fields you want to display file as.
2. If there is no company information, it will display the full name.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.