How to reply all with original attachments in Outlook?
Normally, when you apply the Reply All function to reply the message to all recipients in Outlook, the original attachments will be lost automatically. Is it possible to attach original attachments when reply to all in Outlook?
There is no direct feature to deal with this task in Outlook, but, you can apply the following VBA code to achieve it. Please do with below steps:
1. Launch the Outlook, and then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Reply all with original ahhachments:
Sub ReplyAllWithAttachments() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim xItem As Object On Error Resume Next Select Case TypeName(Outlook.Application.ActiveWindow) Case "Explorer" For Each xItem In Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection GetReplyItem xItem Next Case "Inspector" Set xItem = Outlook.Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem GetReplyItem xItem End Select Set xItem = Nothing End Sub Sub GetReplyItem(Item As Object) Dim xReplyMailItem As Outlook.MailItem On Error Resume Next If Not Item Is Nothing Then Set xReplyMailItem = Item.ReplyAll GetAttachments Item, xReplyMailItem xReplyMailItem.Display 'xReplyMailItem.Send Item.UnRead = False End If Set xReplyMailItem = Nothing End Sub Sub GetAttachments(xSourceItem, xTargetItem) Dim xFSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject Dim xTmpPath As String Dim xAttachment As Attachment Dim xTmpFile As String On Error Resume Next Set xFSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject xTmpPath = CreateObject("shell.Application").NameSpace(5).self.Path & "\TmpAttachments\" If xFSO.FolderExists(xTmpPath) = False Then MkDir xTmpPath End If For Each xAttachment In xSourceItem.Attachments If IsEmbeddedAttachment(xAttachment) = False Then xTmpFile = xTmpPath & xAttachment.FileName xAttachment.SaveAsFile xTmpFile xTargetItem.Attachments.Add xTmpFile, , , xAttachment.DisplayName xFSO.DeleteFile xTmpFile End If Next If xFSO.FolderExists(xTmpPath) Then Kill xTmpPath End If Set xFSO = Nothing End Sub Function IsEmbeddedAttachment(Attach As Attachment) Dim xAttParent As Object Dim xCID As String, xID As String Dim xHTML As String On Error Resume Next Set xAttParent = Attach.Parent xCID = "" xCID = Attach.PropertyAccessor.GetProperty("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x3712001F") If xCID <> "" Then xHTML = xAttParent.HTMLBody xID = "cid:" & xCID If InStr(xHTML, xID) > 0 Then IsEmbeddedAttachment = True Else IsEmbeddedAttachment = False End If End If End Function
3. And then click Tools > References in the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, in the popped out References-Project1 dialog box, check Microsoft Scripting Runtime option from the Available References list box, see screenshot:
4. Then save and close the code window, and then you can add the macro button into the Quick Access Toolbar.
5. Open the email that you want to reply all with attachment in Message window, then choose More Commands from the Customize Quick Access Toolbar drop down, see screenshot:
6. In the Outlook Options dialog box, do the following operations:
(1.) Select Macros from the Choose commands from drop down list;
(2.) Click the macro name that you have inserted just now;
(3.) And then click Add button to add the macro into the Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
7. Then click OK to close the dialog box, now, the macro button has been inserted into the Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
8. Now, click the macro button, and the replying message window with original attachments is opened, then compose the replying message, and click Send button, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Outlook, with its Reply All with Attachment feature, you can reply all with attachments only one click.
|Kutools for Outlook : with more than 100 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Outlook, please do as this:
1. Select the message that you want to reply all with attachments, and then click Kutools > Reply with Attachment > Reply All with Attachment, see screenshot:
2. And the reply message window is opened with original attachments, then compose your message and send it, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.