How to automatically delete spam or junk emails in Outlook?
For those spam or junk emails, you may prefer to delete them automatically instead of keeping them in the Junk Email folder in Outlook. This article introduces two methods of deleting spam emails in Outlook.
All suspected junk emails can be deleted permanently instead if moving to the Junk Email folder. Please do as follows.
1. Click Home > Junk > Junk E-mail Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Junk Email Options dialog box, check the Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk Email folder box under the Options tab, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, when an incoming email is suspected as junk email, it will be automatically deleted in Outlook.
For deleting all spam emails in the Junk Email folder, the Auto Archive feature can help you.
1. Right click the Junk Email folder you will delete all junk emails automatically, and then click Properties from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Junk Email Properties dialog box, you need to:
3. After finishing the above settings, then click File > Info, and in the right pane, click Cleanup Tools > Archive, see screenshot:
4. In the Archive dialog box, select Archive all folders according to their AutoArchive settings option, then click OK button to close the dialog, see screenshot:
Note: You should check this option each time manually when deleting the junk emails.
Then all junk emails which older than specified months, weeks or days will be deleted permanently from the Junk Email folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.