How to automatically delete spam or junk emails in Outlook?
For those spam or junk emails, you may prefer to delete them automatically instead of keeping them in the Junk Email folder in Outlook. This article introduces two methods of deleting spam emails in Outlook.
All suspected junk emails can be deleted permanently instead if moving to the Junk Email folder. Please do as follows.
1. Click Home > Junk > Junk E-mail Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Junk Email Options dialog box, check the Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk Email folder box under the Options tab, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, when an incoming email is suspected as junk email, it will be automatically deleted in Outlook.
For deleting all spam emails in the Junk Email folder, the Auto Archive feature can help you.
1. Right click the Junk Email folder you will delete all junk emails automatically, and then click Properties from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Junk Email Properties dialog box, you need to:
3. After finishing the above settings, then click File > Info, and in the right pane, click Cleanup Tools > Archive, see screenshot:
4. In the Archive dialog box, select Archive all folders according to their AutoArchive settings option, then click OK button to close the dialog, see screenshot:
Note: You should check this option each time manually when deleting the junk emails.
Then all junk emails which older than specified months, weeks or days will be deleted permanently from the Junk Email folder.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am using a Chrome notebook and my Hotmail on Outlook has suddenly stopped deleting my junkmail, even after clearing my browser files.