How to count number of subfolders under certain folder in Outlook?
Supposing you have created some folders under a root folder. Now you want to know how many subfolders under the root folder, how can you do? Just expand the root folder and manually count all subfolders one by one? This article will introduce an easy method for you to achieve it.
The following VBA code can help you count number of subfolders under a certain root folder in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: count number of subfolders under certain folder in Outlook
Sub CountSubFldsUnderRootFolder() Dim xRootFolder As Folder Dim xFolderCount As Long Dim xFolder As Object On Error Resume Next 'Set xRootFolder = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder Set xRootFolder = Outlook.Application.Session.PickFolder If TypeName(xRootFolder) = "Nothing" Then Exit Sub If xRootFolder.Folders.Count < 1 Then MsgBox "No subfolders under " & Chr(34) & xRootFolder.Name & Chr(34) & ".", vbInformation, "Kutools for Outlook" Exit Sub End If For Each xFolder In xRootFolder.Folders If xFolder.Name <> "Conversation Action Settings" And xFolder.Name <> "Quick Step Settings" Then xFolderCount = xFolderCount + 1 Call ProcessFolders(xFolder, xFolderCount) End If Next MsgBox xFolderCount & " subfolders under " & Chr(34) & xRootFolder.Name & Chr(34) & ".", vbInformation, "Kutools for Outlook" End Sub Sub ProcessFolders(SubFolder As MAPIFolder, Num As Long) Dim xSubFolder As MAPIFolder On Error Resume Next Num = Num + SubFolder.Folders.Count For Each xSubFolder In SubFolder.Folders Call ProcessFolders(xSubFolder, Num) Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. In the opening Select Folder dialog box, select a folder you will count its subfolders, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Then a Kutools for Outlook dialog box pops up to tell you how many subfolders exist in the specified folder. See screenshot:
- How to count number of folders under specified email account or all mailboxes in Outlook?
- How to unify all inboxes of multiple accounts to display all emails together in Outlook?
- How to display a “Browse for Folder“ dialog for choosing a folder in Outlook?
- How to find a missing folder which was moved by accident in Outlook?
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.