How to count number of subfolders under certain folder in Outlook?
Supposing you have created some folders under a root folder. Now you want to know how many subfolders under the root folder, how can you do? Just expand the root folder and manually count all subfolders one by one? This article will introduce an easy method for you to achieve it.
The following VBA code can help you count number of subfolders under a certain root folder in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: count number of subfolders under certain folder in Outlook
Sub CountSubFldsUnderRootFolder() Dim xRootFolder As Folder Dim xFolderCount As Long Dim xFolder As Object On Error Resume Next 'Set xRootFolder = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder Set xRootFolder = Outlook.Application.Session.PickFolder If TypeName(xRootFolder) = "Nothing" Then Exit Sub If xRootFolder.Folders.Count < 1 Then MsgBox "No subfolders under " & Chr(34) & xRootFolder.Name & Chr(34) & ".", vbInformation, "Kutools for Outlook" Exit Sub End If For Each xFolder In xRootFolder.Folders If xFolder.Name <> "Conversation Action Settings" And xFolder.Name <> "Quick Step Settings" Then xFolderCount = xFolderCount + 1 Call ProcessFolders(xFolder, xFolderCount) End If Next MsgBox xFolderCount & " subfolders under " & Chr(34) & xRootFolder.Name & Chr(34) & ".", vbInformation, "Kutools for Outlook" End Sub Sub ProcessFolders(SubFolder As MAPIFolder, Num As Long) Dim xSubFolder As MAPIFolder On Error Resume Next Num = Num + SubFolder.Folders.Count For Each xSubFolder In SubFolder.Folders Call ProcessFolders(xSubFolder, Num) Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code.
4. In the opening Select Folder dialog box, select a folder you will count its subfolders, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Then a Kutools for Outlook dialog box pops up to tell you how many subfolders exist in the specified folder. See screenshot:
- How to count number of folders under specified email account or all mailboxes in Outlook?
- How to unify all inboxes of multiple accounts to display all emails together in Outlook?
- How to display a “Browse for Folder“ dialog for choosing a folder in Outlook?
- How to find a missing folder which was moved by accident in Outlook?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.