To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am also interested in knowing how to do that. I use multiple computers and I cannot use pst files as I would end up with messages in different computers but not in all. I just want to move my messages to a Server folder.
How to move items older than n days/weeks/months in Outlook?
In Outlook, if you have multiple accounts, maybe thousands of Outlook items will occupy the space. In this case, you can set to move the older items to release the Outlook space by using AutoArchive.
1. Enable Outlook, click File > Options, in the Outlook Options dialog, click Advanced in left pane, then click AutoArchive Settings in right section.
2. In the AutoArchive dialog, check Run AutoArchive every 14 days checkbox, you can change 14 to other numbers as you need. Then go to Clean out items older than drop down list, choose Months, Weeks or Days as you need, and type the number in the box.
3. Click OK > OK to close dialogs.
If you just want to move items in one folder, you can right click at the folder, select Properties from the context menu.
In the Properties dialog, under AutoArchive tab, check Archive this folder using these settings, then you can change the number and criteria in Clean out items older than section.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWhat if you can't use .pst files for autoarchiving and you simply want to automate the process of moving emails older than a certain date to another Inbox folder? How do you auto archive/move emails to an Outlook Inbox folder (named 'Archive'), and not to a .pst file?