How to assign a quick launch button to a template in Outlook?
When using template in Outlook, you have to get into the Choose Form window, find the template saving location and then select to open it. This may be somewhat troublesome for most of us. Here I will show you a method to assign a quick launch button to open a specified template in Outlook. After assigning the button, the template will be opened quickly with only one click.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please do as follows to assign a quick launch button to a template in Outlook.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Macro to open template
Sub MakeTemplate() 'Update by Extendoffice 2018/5/24 Dim xDialog As FileDialog Dim xExcel As Excel.Application Dim xFilePath As String Dim xNewItem As Object On Error Resume Next xFilePath = CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SpecialFolders(5) xFilePath = xFilePath & "\Microsoft\Templates\template test.oft" Set xNewItem = Outlook.Application.CreateItemFromTemplate(xFilePath) xNewItem.Display True Set xNewItem = Nothing End Sub
Note: In the code, "\Microsoft\Templates\template test.oft" is the default template saving path, and template test is the name of the template you will open. Please change them as you need.
3. Click Tools > References. Then enable the Microsoft Excel Object Library box as below screenshot shown.
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
5. Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar > More Commands. See screenshot:
6. In the Outlook Options dialog box, you need to:
6.1 Select Macros from the Choose commands from drop-down list;
6.2 Select the Project1.MakeTamplate in the commands list box;
6.3 Click the Add button;
6.4 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Then the macro button is added on the Quick Access Toolbar. Click on the button will open the specified template immediately. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.