How to export or insert contacts details to Word in Outlook?
Have you ever tried to export Outlook contacts details to a Word document for some purpose? This article will show you two methods to get it done.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
You can export Outlook contacts details to Word document by using the Address Book in Word. Please do as follows.
1. Create a Word document, click File > Options to open the Word Options window.
2. In the Word Options window, please:
2.1 Click Quick Access Toolbar in the left bar;
2.2 Select Commands Not in the Ribbon from the Choose commands from drop-down list;
2.3 Select Address Book in the command box;
2.4 Click the Add button.
2.5 Click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Address Book button is added on the Quick Access Tool Bar. Please click it to open the Select Name dialog box.
4. In the Select Name dialog box, you need to select an address book from the Address Book drop-down list, choose a contact you will export its details in the contacts list, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then details of selected contacts is exported to the Word document. See screenshot:
Note: The above contact details only include “First Name Last Name”, “mailing address” and “Country/Region”.
For exporting more specified contacts fields into Word, please try the next method.
You can specify contacts fields to export to Word document. Please do as follows.
1. In Outlook, shift to the Contacts view. Click View > Change View > Manage Views. See screenshot:
2. Click the New button in the Manage All Views dialog box. And in the Create a New View dialog box, enter a name for the new view in the Name of new view box, select Card in the Type of view box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click the Columns button.
4. In the Show Columns dialog box, you need to add columns you want to show in the Word document to the right box, or remove the columns you don’t want to display in the Word document from the right box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK buttons when it returns to the previous dialog box to finish the settings.
6. Click View > Change View, and click the view name you have just created to open it. See screenshot:
7. Right click the contact you need to export to Word, and click Copy from the context menu.
8. Open a Word document, right click on the place where you want to locate the contact details, and then select Keep Text Only (T) from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Then you can see the contact details in the Word document as below screenshot shown.
- How to import msg files from file system to Outlook folder?
- How to save email message as picture format (jpg/tiff) in outlook?
- How to save multiple selected emails as MSG files in bulk in Outlook?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.