How to automatically assign color category to meetings after accepting them in Outlook?
In your daily work, you may receive multiple meeting emails in Outlook. Sometimes, you wish to assign a specific color category to meetings automatically when they are accepted. Normally, you can assign them manually, but, this will be troublesome to set them one by one. In this article, I will talk about how to auto accomplish it in Outlook.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Auto assign color category to meetings after accepting them
Public WithEvents SentItems As Outlook.Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Set SentItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderSentMail).Items End Sub Private Sub SentItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) Dim xMeetingItem As Outlook.MeetingItem Dim xMeetingItemAccepted As Outlook.MeetingItem Dim xAppointmentItem As Outlook.AppointmentItem On Error Resume Next If TypeOf Item Is MeetingItem Then Set xMeetingItem = Item If InStr(xMeetingItem.Subject, "Accepted:") = 1 Then Set xMeetingItemAccepted = xMeetingItem Set xAppointmentItem = xMeetingItemAccepted.GetAssociatedAppointment(True) With xAppointmentItem .Categories = .Categories & "Red Category" .Save End With End If End If End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change Red Category to your desired color category name.
3. And then, restart your Outlook to trigger this macro.
4. Then, after accepting the meeting email, and click Send the Respond Now option, the specific color category will be assigned to the accepted meeting at once. See screenshot:
Note: This code is only applied to the default data account.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.