How to remove specific type of attachments from emails in Outlook?
Have you ever tried to remove attachments in multiple selected emails by file type in Outlook? Such as, removing all docx or png attachment files from selected emails. How could you solve this job in Outlook?
To remove specific type of attachments from selected emails, the following VBA code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Select the emails that you want to remove their specific type of attachments in the mailing list.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Then, click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code into the opened blank module, see screenshot:
VBA code: Remove specific type of attachments from emails:
Sub DeleteSpecificTypeOfAttachments() Dim xSelection As Outlook.Selection Dim xItem As Object Dim xMailItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim xAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Dim xFileType As String Dim xType As String Dim xFSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject Dim I As Integer On Error Resume Next Set xSelection = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection Set xFSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject xType = "" xType = InputBox("Attachment Type:", "Kutools for Outlook", xType, 8) If Len(Trim(xType)) = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each xItem In xSelection If xItem.Class = olMail Then Set xMailItem = xItem If xMailItem.Attachments.Count > 0 Then For I = xMailItem.Attachments.Count To 1 Step -1 Set xAttachment = xMailItem.Attachments.Item(I) xFileType = xFSO.GetExtensionName(xAttachment.FileName) If InStr(xFileType, Trim(xType)) > 0 Then xAttachment.Delete End If Next I xMailItem.Save End If End If Next Set xMailItem = Nothing Set xFSO = Nothing End Sub
4. And then still in the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Tools > References to go to the References-Project1 dialog box, and check Microsoft Scripting Runtime option from the Available References list box, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK to close the dialog, now, press F5 key to run this code, and a prompt box is popped out, please enter the attachment type that you want to remove, see screenshot:
6. Click OK, and all attachments with the specific type you are defined have been deleted at once, see screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoAwesome, I was looking for this exactly. I just made a modification to remove attachments with specific string on the name.