How to always BCC myself while sending Email through Outlook?
Maybe in some cases, you want to always BCC yourself wile sending any emails through Outlook, but sometimes you may forget to add your account address to BCC field because of carelessness. If there any way can automatically add yourself email address to BCC field while sending emails? Here I have two ways.
Here I have a VBA code can automatically BCC someone while sending emails.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Double click ThisOutlokSession from Project1 pane, and copy and paste below code to the new blank script.
VBA: Always BCC myself
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) 'UpdatebyExtendoffice2018-5-23 Dim xRecipient As Recipient Dim xPrompt As String Dim xYesNo As Integer Dim xBcc As String On Error Resume Next If Item.Class <> olMail Then Exit Sub xBcc = "email@example.com" Set xRecipient = Item.Recipients.Add(xBcc) xRecipient.Type = olBCC xRecipient.Resolve Set xRecipient = Nothing End Sub
In the code, firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address you want to BCC automatically, you can change it as you need.
3. Save the code and close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now, whatever emails you send from Outlook, it automatically BCC to the specified address.
With above code, you only can automatically BCC to one email address, if you want to auto BCC yourself and your boss at the same time, you can use Kutools for Outlook’s CC/BCC function, it can auto BCC to some email addresses based on some rules.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes 100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365. |
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Click Kutools > CC/BCC > Auto CC/BCC Manager.
2. In Auto CC/BCC Manager dialog, click New to pop out the Auto CC/BCC dialog, give the new rule a name, click Recipients button.
3. Then in the Select Names dialog, you can select the contacts or type address manually into BCC field as you need.
4. Click OK to go back last dialog, you can see the addresses you want to auto BCC in the CC/BCC Recipient Name list box. Check All outing e-mail option.
5. Click OK > Ok to close dialogs. And click Kutools > CC/BCC > Enable Auto CC/BCC to take the rule effect.
Now, all emails sent from Outlook will be auto BCC the specified addressed you set.
Tip: if you want to auto BCC yourself or others based on some rules, such as based on some account, subjects and bodies, you can check Custom in Auto CC/BCC dialog, set the conditions as you need.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothank you very much for the VBA BCC macro, I have installed it in outlook 365 and it worked perfectly, so helpful