Thanks in advance
How to exclude certain email sender address from out of office replies in Outlook?
When setting Out of Office reply to all receiving emails in Outlook, you may need to exclude replying to certain email senders. Methods in this article can help you to solve this problem in details.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you are using IMAP or POP3 account in Outlook, you can exclude certain email sender address from out of office in Outlook by creating a rule. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly, you need to create an auto reply template. Please create a new email, composing it and save as an Outlook Template.
2. After creating the auto reply template, click Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts under Home tab. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
4. In the first Rules Wizard, select Apply rule on messages I receive in the Start from a blank rule section, and then click the Next button.
5. In the second Rules Wizard, click the Next button directly without selecting any conditions. In the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog box, click the Yes button (with this setting, the auto reply email will send to all senders). See screenshot:
6. Then in the select actions Rules Wizard, select reply using a specific template option in the Step 1 box, and then click the “a specific template” link in the step 2 box. In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, choose User Templates in File System from the Look in drop down list, select the auto reply template you created in step 1, and then click the Open button. Click the Next button to go ahead. See screenshot:
7. Now you need to exclude senders from auto reply. In the following exceptions Rules Wizard, select except if from people or public group box in Step 1 box, click the people or public group link in the Step 2 box to select the senders’ email addresses, and then click the Next button.
8. In the last Rules Wizard window, name the rule and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
9. Click the OK button in the Rules and Alerts window to finish the rule.
From now on, the auto reply email will send to all received emails except for the specified senders.
If you are using Exchange account in Outlook, you can exclude certain email sender from out of office reply as follows.
1. Shift to the Exchange account in your Outlook, then click File > Info > Automatic Replies. See screenshot:
2. In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send automatic replies option, specify the sending time as you need, and then click the Rules button under the Inside My Organization tab.
3. In the Automatic Reply Rules dialog box, click the Add Rule button.
Note: If you want to apply the rule for all Outlook profiles, check the Show rule for all profiles box, otherwise, uncheck it.
4. In the Edit Rule dialog box, you need to:
4.1 Click the From button to select the senders’ email addresses you will exclude from out of office;
4.2 Check the Reply with box, and then click the Template button to create the auto reply template;
4.3 Click the Advanced button. See screenshot:
5. In the Advanced dialog box, check the Only items that do not match these conditions box, and then click the OK button.
6. Click OK buttons. When it returns to the Automatic Replies dialog box, click the OK button, and then click the Yes button in the popping up Microsoft Outlook prompt box. See screenshot:
Now you have excluded specific senders from out of office replies in your Exchange account.
- How to temporally exclude certain recipients when sending email to a Contacts group in Outlook?
- How to exclude attachment content from searching in Outlook?
- How to exclude a specified email account from send and receive in Outlook?
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHi I've followed your "Exclude certain email sender address from out of office in Exchange account" but this only applies for email addresses from inside my organisation. If I use the "Outside my organisation" tab I get an error saying it cannot be empty. Clould you help me with this?
Thanks in advance