How to automatically accept meeting request from specific person in Outlook?
When receiving meeting invitation in Outlook, you need to manually accept the meeting request and send the response to the sender. Is there any easy way to automatically accept it from a specific person in Outlook? The method in this article will do you a favor.
The below VBA code can help you to automatically accept meeting request which sent from a specific person in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession in the left pane to open the Code window, and then copy below VBA code into the window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Auto accept meeting request from specific person in Outlook
Public WithEvents GItems As Outlook.Items 'Updated by ExtendOffice 20180814 Private Sub Application_Startup() Set GItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items End Sub Private Sub GItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) Dim xMtRequest As MeetingItem Dim xAppointmentItem As AppointmentItem Dim xMtResponse As MeetingItem If Item.Class = olMeetingRequest Then Set xMtRequest = Item Set xAppointmentItem = xMtRequest.GetAssociatedAppointment(True) If xAppointmentItem.GetOrganizer.Name = "Sender Name" Then With xAppointmentItem .ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 45 .Categories = "Orange Category" .Save End With Set xMtResponse = xAppointmentItem.Respond(olMeetingAccepted) xMtResponse.Send xMtRequest.Delete End If End If End Sub
Note: In the code, please replace the “Sender Name” with the sender’s display name.
3. Save the code, then press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Restart the Outlook to take this code effect.
From now on, when receiving meeting requests sent from the person you specified in the code, the meeting will be accepted automatically and the sender will receive a respond email as well.
Note: The email account which receiving the meeting request should be the default account in your Outlook.
- How to decline a meeting invitation but still leave it on your calendar in Outlook?
- How to decline all future occurrence meetings in Outlook?
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agofor me the xMtResponse object isn't being set and the macro errors out. Any updates for Outlook 2016?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoDoesnt work, my appointments still need confirmation