How to automatically accept meeting request from specific person in Outlook?
When receiving meeting invitation in Outlook, you need to manually accept the meeting request and send the response to the sender. Is there any easy way to automatically accept it from a specific person in Outlook? The method in this article will do you a favor.
The below VBA code can help you to automatically accept meeting request which sent from a specific person in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession in the left pane to open the Code window, and then copy below VBA code into the window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Auto accept meeting request from specific person in Outlook
Public WithEvents GItems As Outlook.Items
'Updated by ExtendOffice 20180814
Private Sub Application_Startup()
Set GItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items
Private Sub GItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object)
Dim xMtRequest As MeetingItem
Dim xAppointmentItem As AppointmentItem
Dim xMtResponse As MeetingItem
If Item.Class = olMeetingRequest Then
Set xMtRequest = Item
Set xAppointmentItem = xMtRequest.GetAssociatedAppointment(True)
If xAppointmentItem.GetOrganizer.Name = "Sender Name" Then
.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 45
.Categories = "Orange Category"
Set xMtResponse = xAppointmentItem.Respond(olMeetingAccepted)
Note: In the code, please replace the “Sender Name” with the sender’s display name.
3. Save the code, then press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Restart the Outlook to take this code effect.
From now on, when receiving meeting requests sent from the person you specified in the code, the meeting will be accepted automatically and the sender will receive a respond email as well.
Note: The email account which receiving the meeting request should be the default account in your Outlook.
- How to decline a meeting invitation but still leave it on your calendar in Outlook?
- How to decline all future occurrence meetings in Outlook?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.