How to automatically accept meeting request from specific person in Outlook?
When receiving meeting invitation in Outlook, you need to manually accept the meeting request and send the response to the sender. Is there any easy way to automatically accept it from a specific person in Outlook? The method in this article will do you a favor.
The below VBA code can help you to automatically accept meeting request which sent from a specific person in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession in the left pane to open the Code window, and then copy below VBA code into the window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Auto accept meeting request from specific person in Outlook
Public WithEvents GItems As Outlook.Items 'Updated by ExtendOffice 20180814 Private Sub Application_Startup() Set GItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items End Sub Private Sub GItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) Dim xMtRequest As MeetingItem Dim xAppointmentItem As AppointmentItem Dim xMtResponse As MeetingItem If Item.Class = olMeetingRequest Then Set xMtRequest = Item Set xAppointmentItem = xMtRequest.GetAssociatedAppointment(True) If xAppointmentItem.GetOrganizer.Name = "Sender Name" Then With xAppointmentItem .ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 45 .Categories = "Orange Category" .Save End With Set xMtResponse = xAppointmentItem.Respond(olMeetingAccepted) xMtResponse.Send xMtRequest.Delete End If End If End Sub
Note: In the code, please replace the “Sender Name” with the sender’s display name.
3. Save the code, then press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Restart the Outlook to take this code effect.
From now on, when receiving meeting requests sent from the person you specified in the code, the meeting will be accepted automatically and the sender will receive a respond email as well.
Note: The email account which receiving the meeting request should be the default account in your Outlook.
- How to decline a meeting invitation but still leave it on your calendar in Outlook?
- How to decline all future occurrence meetings in Outlook?
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365