How to auto remove some special characters from subject line when sending emails?
You may insert some special characters accidentally when you type subject in the subject line while sending email in Outlook, so you need to remove these special characters one by one. In this article, I will talk about how to remove all these special characters automatically from subject when sending emails.
Auto remove the special characters from subject line when sending emails, the following VBA code can do you a favor. Please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Auto remove special characters from subject line
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim xMailItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim xRegExp As RegExp Dim xSubject As String On Error Resume Next If Item.Class <> olMail Then Exit Sub Set xMailItem = Item xSubject = xMailItem.Subject Set xRegExp = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp") With xRegExp .Global = True .IgnoreCase = True .Pattern = "[^a-zA-Z0-9\u4e00-\u9fa5]" End With If xRegExp.test(xSubject) = False Then Exit Sub xSubject = xRegExp.Replace(xSubject, "-") xMailItem.Subject = GetTargetStr(xSubject) Set RegExp = Nothing End Sub Function GetTargetStr(Str As String) Dim xS, xStr As String Dim i As Integer Dim xIsFirst As Boolean xIsFirst = True xStr = "" For i = 1 To Len(Str) xS = Mid(Str, i, 1) If xS = "-" Then If xIsFirst Then xS = " " xIsFirst = False Else xS = "" End If Else xIsFirst = True End If xStr = xStr + xS Next i GetTargetStr = xStr End Function
3. And then, still in the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Tools > References to go to the References-Project1 dialog box, and check Microsoft VBAScript Regular Expressions 1.0 option from the Available References list box, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK to close the dialog, now, when you send a message with some special characters in the subject line, it will be removed automatically after sending it. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.