How to highlight the emails based on the folder in search results in Outlook?
When you search emails in all mailboxes, all corresponding emails will be listed out, it makes the search results a bit cluttered because you will not identify which the folder of the filtered items are in as following screenshot shown. To mark the emails from specific folder, you can highlight the filtered emails for outstanding them. This article, I will introduce a useful method for solving this job in Outlook.
The Conditional Formatting feature in Outlook can help you to highlight the emails from a specific folder in searching results. Please do as this:
1. After getting the search results, click View > View Settings, in the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click Conditional Formatting button, see screenshot:
2. Then, in the Conditional Formatting dialog box, click Add button, and then type a name for this new rule in the Name text box, see screenshot:
3. Then, click Font button, and in the Font dialog box, choose the formatting that you want to highlight the emails, see screenshot:
4. Click OK to return to the previous dialog, this time, please click Condition button to go the Filter dialog. Then, click Field > All Mail fields > In Folder under the Advanced tab, see screenshot:
5. And in Condition section, choose is (exactly) option, in Value field, type Sent Items. Then, click Add to List to enable this advanced condition.
Note: If you want to highlight the items from Inbox folder or Deleted Items folder, you just need to enter the Inbox or Deleted items as you need.
6. Then click OK to close the dialog boxes, now, all the items which are located in the Sent Item folder have been highlighted in the search results as following screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.