How to create rules to automatically set received emails as high importance in Outlook?
In Outlook, the important messages will be covered if your received emails are hundreds and thousands one day. In this article, I introduce some tricks on set some emails as high importance which can stand-out in mess messages in Outlook.
Create a rule to automatically set emails as high importance
In Outlook, the Rules function can help you to set emails as high importance.
1. Click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, click New Rule in the Rules and Alerts dialog.
2. In the Rules Wizard dialog, select Apply rule on message I receive in Start from a blank rule section.
3. Click Next, check with specific words in the subject or body or other checkboxes as you need in Step1 section, click specific words in Step2 section, then add the words you use to mark emails as high importance based on.
4. Click OK > Next, in this window, check mark it as importance checkbox in Step1, click importance in Step 2 and select High from the Importance dialog.
5. Click OK > Next > Next, a dialog pops out to remind you if continue, click Yes.
6. In last window, keep Turn on this rule selected. Click Finish > OK to finish creating this rule.
From now on, the messages you received which contains the specific text in subject or body will be marked as high importance automatically.
As the Rules function is complex, here I introduce a handy tool – Kutools for Outlook, its Messages Reminders function can list all important emails which contains specific texts for you.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
4. Click OK > OK to close dialogs.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.