How to display a warning/notice about bcc while you reply all in Outlook?
As you know, if you are in BCC field when receiving a message in Outlook, other receivers cannot see you, but if you accidently use the Reply All function to reply the messages, you will be exposed. In this article, I introduce a utility which can warn you while replying all to a message if you are in BCC field in Outlook.
In Outlook, you can use the rule to display a warning about BCC.
1. Click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts, then click New Rule under Email Rules tab in the popping dialog.
2. In the Rules Wizard dialog, choose Apply rule on messages I receive, click Next.
3. In second window, click Next directly, a dialog pops out to remind you if continue, click Yes.
4. Then, in the third window, check Assigned to category category checkbox in Step1, then click category in Step2 to open Color Categories dialog, click New, give a name and choose a category color for this new category.
5. Click OK > OK > Next, in the fourth window check except if my name is in the To or CC box checkbox.
6. Click Next, keep Turn on this rule checked, click Finish. And click OK in the Rules and Alerts window.
Now when you received a message and in BCC field, a warning will display in the message window.
|Kutools for Outlook, Includes powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
Click Kutools > Email Warning > BCC Warning to enable this utility.
From now on, when you apply Reply All or Reply function to reply a message which you are in BCC field, a warning dialog pops out to remind you. Click Reply to only reply to the sender, click Reply All to reply to senders and other receivers.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.