How to reply normally in sent items folder from Outlook?
Normally, when you click Reply feature in Sent items folder for sending another additional message for the people that you have sent, your own email address will be displayed at the To field as following screenshot shown. This may be annoying for you changing the address each time. How could make the Outlook use the original recipient's address, not yours?
In Outlook, the Reply All feature can help you to solve this problem, please do as this:
When you need to reply the sent email for sending again to keep the original recipient's address, please click Reply All button, and the original recipient's address is located at the To field as following screenshot shown:
Sometime, you may forget the Reply All feature when replying the sent message, so the below VBA code can help you reply normally in Sent Items folder by using the Reply feature. Do with following steps:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Reply normally in Sent Items folder from Outlook:
Option Explicit Private WithEvents GExplorer As Explorer Private WithEvents GMailItem As MailItem Private Sub Application_Startup() Set GExplorer = Application.ActiveExplorer End Sub Private Sub GExplorer_SelectionChange() On Error Resume Next Set GMailItem = GExplorer.Selection.Item(1) End Sub Private Sub GMailItem_Reply(ByVal Response As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim xResponse As MailItem Dim xRecipients As Outlook.Recipients Dim xRecipient As Outlook.Recipient Dim i As Integer Dim xTo As String, xCC As String, xBCC As String, xName As String On Error Resume Next If Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder <> Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderSentMail) Then Exit Sub End If Cancel = True Set xResponse = GMailItem.Reply Set xRecipients = GMailItem.Recipients For i = xRecipients.Count To 1 Step -1 Set xRecipient = xRecipients.Item(i) xName = xRecipient.Name If Left(xName, 1) = "'" Then xName = Mid(xName, 2, Len(xRecipient.Name) - 2) End If Select Case xRecipient.Type Case olTo xTo = xName & ";" & xTo Case olCC xCC = xName & ";" & xCC Case olBCC xBCC = xName & ";" & xBCC End Select Next With xResponse .To = xTo .CC = xCC .BCC = xBCC End With xResponse.Recipients.ResolveAll xResponse.Display End Sub
3. Then, save the code, and restart the Outlook to take the code effect, now, when clicking Reply to resend an email in Sent Items folder, the original recipient's address is displayed at the To field as you need.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.