How to keep category while replying or forwarding email in Outlook?
Normally, when you reply or forward an email that I have categorized, the category will be removed automatically on the sent email. If you want to keep the category on outgoing emails in replying or forwarding, this article will introduce a method to deal with it.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Keep category while replying or forwarding email:
Private WithEvents GExplorer As Outlook.Explorer Private WithEvents GInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors Private WithEvents GMailItem As Outlook.MailItem Private GCategories As String Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim xApp As Outlook.Application Set xApp = Outlook.Application Set GExplorer = xApp.ActiveExplorer Set GInspectors = xApp.Inspectors End Sub Private Sub GExplorer_SelectionChange() On Error Resume Next If TypeName(GExplorer.Selection.Item(1)) <> "MailItem" Then Exit Sub Set GMailItem = GExplorer.Selection.Item(1) GCategories = GMailItem.Categories End Sub Private Sub GInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As Inspector) On Error Resume Next If TypeName(Inspector.CurrentItem) <> "MailItem" Then Exit Sub Set GMailItem = Inspector.CurrentItem GCategories = GMailItem.Categories End Sub Private Sub GMailItem_Forward(ByVal Forward As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Call GetCategories(Forward) End Sub Private Sub GMailItem_Reply(ByVal Response As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Call GetCategories(Response) End Sub Private Sub GMailItem_ReplyAll(ByVal Response As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Call GetCategories(Response) End Sub Private Sub GetCategories(ByVal NewMail As Object) If NewMail.Class <> olMail Then Exit Sub NewMail.Categories = GCategories End Sub
3. Then save and close this code window, close and restart the Outlook, now, when you reply or forward an email with category, the category will be kept in the outgoing message in Sent Items, see screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.