How to disable new email notifications for a specific account in Outlook?
By default, the new email notification works on all incoming emails of all accounts in Outlook. If you want to disable the new email notification for a specific email account in Outlook but keep other accounts activate, please try the below method to get it done.
For disabling new email notifications for a specific account, you need to disable the new mail desktop alert for all accounts, and then create new mail desktop alert rule for all accounts except the specific one. Please do as follows.
1. Click File > Options, in the Outlook Options window, click Mail in the left pane, uncheck the Display a Desktop Alert box in the Message arrival section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
2. Click Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts under Home tab.
3. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button under the Email Rules tab.
4. In the first Rules Wizard, click Apply rule on messages I receive in the Start from a blank rule section, then click the Next button. See screenshot:
5. In the second Rules Wizard, click Next button without selecting any conditions, and click Yes in the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog.
6. In the third Rules Wizard, check the display a Desktop Alert box and click the Next button.
7. In the next Rules Wizard, check the except through the specified account box in Step 1, click specified link text in Step 2. In the Account dialog, select the email account you will disable new email notifications and click the OK button. Then click Next to continue. See screenshot:
8. In the last Rules Wizard, specify a name for the rule as you need, keep the Turn on this rule box checked, and click Finish.
9. Click the OK button in the Rules and Alerts window to finish the rule.
From now on, new email notification will pop up when email arrives in all accounts except the specified one.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.