How to clear all categories from Outlook?
Supposing, there are lots of items are applied to the color category in your Outlook. If you need to clear all these categories from the items, how could you deal with this job quickly and easily in Outlook?
If you just need to clear the categories in a specific folder, please do as this:
1. Click the folder that you want to remove the color categories, and then press Ctrl + A to select all the items.
2. Then right click, and then choose Categorize > Clear All Categories from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. And then, all the color categories in this specific folder have been cleared at once.
To clear all categories from all items, such as emails, tasks, contacts, notes and so on from an account, the below VBA code can do you a favor:
1. Click at an account email that you want to clean all categories from, then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA code: Clear all categories from a specific account:
Sub BatchClearAllCategories_AllOutlookItems() Dim xCurrentFolder As Outlook.Folder Dim xFolder As Folder, xCurFolder As Folder Dim xPos As Integer Dim xRootFldName As String Set xCurFolder = Outlook.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder xPos = InStr(3, xCurFolder.FolderPath, "\") If xPos > 0 Then xRootFldName = Mid(xCurFolder.FolderPath, 3, xPos - 3) Else xRootFldName = Mid(xCurFolder.FolderPath, 3, Len(xCurFolder.FolderPath) - 2) End If Set xCurrentFolder = Outlook.Application.Session.Folders(xRootFldName) For Each xFolder In xCurrentFolder.Folders Call ProcessFolders(xFolder) Next MsgBox "Clear completed!", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Kutools for Outlook" End Sub Sub ProcessFolders(ByVal CurFld As Outlook.Folder) Dim xItem As Object Dim i As Integer Dim xSubfolder As Outlook.Folder If CurFld.Items.Count > 0 Then For i = CurFld.Items.Count To 1 Step -1 Set xItem = CurFld.Items.Item(i) xItem.Categories = "" xItem.Save Next End If If CurFld.Folders.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each xSubfolder In CurFld.Folders Call ProcessFolders(xSubfolder) Next End Sub
3. Then, press F5 key to run it, and then a prompt box is popped out to remind you all categories from the selected account have been cleared, see screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.