How to choose a specific account to send email in Outlook?
In Outlook, there is no build-in function for you to always send new email through a specific account. You need to manually change the From account in the composing email window before sending. Actually, VBA code can help you to solve this problem.
The below VBA code helps you to always send new email with a specific account in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the opening window, click Insert > Module. Then copy the below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Always send email with a specific email account in Outlook
Public Sub NewBySpecAccount() 'Updated by ExtendOffice 20181130 Dim oAccount As Outlook.Account Dim oMail As Outlook.MailItem For Each oAccount In Application.Session.Accounts If oAccount.DisplayName = "Your account address" Then Set oMail = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) oMail.SendUsingAccount = oAccount oMail.Display End If Next End Sub
Note: In the code, please replace the “Your account address” with the real email account you will use to send email.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Click Customize Outlook Access Toolbar button and click More Commands from the drop-down menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Outlook Options window, you need to:
5.1) Select Macros in the Choose commands from drop-down list;
5.2) Select the vba name Project1.NewBySpeAccount in the commands box;
5.3) Click the Add button and OK button. See screenshot:
6. Now the VBA button is added on the Quick Access Toolbar.
From now on, no matter which account you are locating, click the VBA button on the Quick Access Toolbar will open a new email window with specific email account displaying on the From field.
If you want to always reply email with default email account in Outlook, please try the Always reply with default account utility of Kutools for Outlook.
1. Click Kutools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Options window, check the Always reply with default account box under the Reply tab, and click OK to finish the setting.
From now on, all replied emails will be sent through the default account you specified in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.