How to save the search filter or criteria for future use in Outlook?
For many Outlook users, they tend to do the same search queries in their daily work. Unfortunately, the search queries can’t be saved in Outlook for future reusing. For some frequently used search criteria even the complex ones, it is time-consuming to reconfigure them over and over again. In this tutorial, we are talking about some tricks to save the search criteria for reusing in the future.
The Search Folder is a virtual folder that provides a view of all email items that match specific search criteria. If you want to keep a search condition for future use, the Search Folder can do you a favor. Please do as below.
There are two types of search folders you can create.
Create a predefined Search Folders
1. Go to the Folder tab and click New Search Folder.
2. In the Select a Search Folder list box, click the search folder you want to add. Choose the email account that you want to search in the Search mail in drop-down list and then click the OK button.
For example, you want to search all unread emails in an email account, please select the Unread mail option, select the specific email account and click OK.
Create a customized Search Folder
1. In the New Search Folder list, scroll down to click Create a custom Search Folder option, and then click the Choose button.
2. In the Custom Search Folder dialog, you need to:
- Give a name for your custom search folder;
- Click the Browse button to select the folders that you want to be searched;
- Click the Criteria button, and then specify the search criteria under certain tabs in the Search Folder Criteria dialog;
- Click the OK button.
3. Click OK > OK to close each open dialog to finish the settings.
Then the created search folder is displayed in the Navigation Pane. You can access the saved search criteria by clicking the search folder.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.