How to Add and View Bcc Recipients in Outlook?
In Outlook, Bcc stands for “blind carbon copy”. It means that when you send an email to a few Bcc recipients, no other recipients (including recipients in To, Cc and Bcc fields) will know this email has been sent to this Bcc recipient. It is useful when you need to send an email to specific people privately and keep the recipients in the Bcc field not visible to others. By default, the Bcc function is hidden so you cannot see it while composing a new email. In this tutorial, we will show you how to add Bcc recipients in new emails and how to view the added Bcc recipients in the sent emails.
1. In Outlook, to write a new email, click Home > New Email.
2. In the New E-mail window, switch from the Message tab to the Options tab. Then click Bcc button in the Show Fields field.
3. The Bcc option will be added to the composing area, just below the Cc option. And the Bcc button will be highlighted. This change will be saved. Every time you compose a new email, reply to or forward an email, the Bcc field will appear.
4. Now you can add the Bcc recipients. After composing the email, click the Send button to send the email out.
After you sent the emails out, who can see the Bcc recipients in the emails? And how to see the Bcc recipients?
Nobody except the sender can view the Bcc recipients in the emails. Even people on the list of Bcc recipients cannot know the existence of each other.
Then, as the sender, how can you view the Bcc recipients after the emails are sent out?
Just go to Sent Items folder, find the email you just sent. You can see the Bcc recipients when you are previewing the email.
Note: But in Outlook 2010, things are a little bit different when viewing the Bcc recipients.
1. Go to Sent Items folder. Find the email you just sent. You will notice that the Bcc recipients are not showed. That is because when you preview the email in the reading pane, the Bcc field won’t show up.
2. Double-click the email to open it. Then you will see the Bcc recipients in the header section of the email.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.