How to create meetings across time zones in Outlook?
If you are working with colleagues across multiple time zones, it can be difficult to find the right time to meet. However, if you have different time zones shown in one calendar, it will be much easier to schedule a meeting the someone in other time zones. So, before you create the meeting, you should first set up the time zones for your colleagues, or anyone you want to invite to the meeting in your Outlook calendar. Please click here to read the tutorial: How to add multiple time zones in Outlook calendar. Then, please read on to see how to easily create a meeting for people in different time zones.
Create meetings across multiple time zones in Outlook
Outlook for desktop allows you to have at most three time zones showing in your calendar. If you’ve already had the time zones of the people you want to invite to your meeting displayed in your Outlook calendar, to arrange a mutually convenient time for the meeting, please do as follows:
1. Navigate to the Calendar view by clicking the calendar icon on the bottom left corner of your Outlook screen.
2. On the Home tab, click Day, Work Week or Week to show your calendar in daily or week view that shows time slots in the Arrange group. Here I clicked Work Week, please see the screenshot below.
Tip: If the calendar is in other view, such as List, please click View > Change View > Calendar to change the calendar view to Calendar.
3. Scroll down to the page where the overlap area of the time slots of three time zones are white.
Note: The time slots of work hours are white; and the non-work hours are shaded. You can set your work time here: File > Options > Calendar.
4. The people you want to invite may not have the same time hours as you, however, the time slots of time zones can give you a much clearer idea of what time should be more appropriate for the meeting. Now please jump to the week for the meeting and right-click on the wanted time slot. See screenshot:
5. Click New Meeting Request. And then fill in the information and required attendees in the pop-up Meeting window. After that, click Send.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.