How to add due date to emails in Outlook?
Day after day, emails can fill your Outlook email folders quickly. You may spend lots of your working time reading, writing, and replying to emails. Sometimes you've responded to an email, but when you go back to it a few days later, you are not clear if you've dealt with it. This is very annoying. In this tutorial, I will demonstrate how to add due dates to emails in Outlook. After handling an email, you can add an expiration date to it. When an email expires, a strikethrough is added to the sender's name or address in the email list, and you can easily distinguish it when looking over the mail folder.
You can manually add a due date to a composing email, or an email you sent or received in Outlook.
1. In the message window, click the Message Options button in the Tags group under the Message tab..
2. In the Properties dialog box, tick the Expires after checkbox, and then specify the expiration date and time as you need. Then close the dialog box.
Note: For the emails you have sent or received, after specifying the expiration date, you need to save the email to preserve the changes.
Outlook provides an option to automatically make sent messages as expired after certain days.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please do the following configuration.
From now on, a certain due date will be added automatically when sending emails.
For example, if you send an email on 6/14/2022, this email will expire on 7/14/2022 (30 days after 6/14/2022).
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.