How to automatically delete emails from blocked senders in Outlook?
Suppose you have added a lot of email addresses to the Blocked Sender list in Outlook and want to delete all emails from these senders directly without saving them in the Junk Email folder. In fact, there is no option in Outlook to automatically delete emails from blocked senders. In this tutorial, you will learn a trick to get it done.
This tutorial consists of three parts: 1) Export the Blocked Senders list to a Text file; 2) Create a contact group with these blocked senders; 3) Create a rule to automatically delete emails from these blocked senders when they arrive. Please do as follows.
Firstly, you need to export all email addresses from the Blocked Senders list to a Text file.
1. Click Home > Junk > Junk E-mail Options.
2. In the Junk Email Options dialog box, go to the Blocked Senders tab, and then click the Export to File button.
3. In the Export Blocked Senders dialog box, you need to:
4. Close the Junk Email Options dialog box.
Secondly, you need to create a contact group with all exported blocked senders.
1. Open the Text file you just exported.
2. Press the Ctrl + A keys to select all email addresses at the same time, and then press the Ctrl + C keys to copy them.
3. Go back to Outlook and shift to the Contacts view. Click New Contact Group under the Home tab.
4. In the opening Contact Group window and under the Contact Group tab, click Add Members > From Outlook Contacts.
5. In the Select Members: Contacts dialog box, click on the Members text box, and then press the Ctrl + V keys to paste all selected emails addresses, and then click OK.
6. Then it returns to the Contact Group window, you can see all copied email addresses are listed. Give this contact group a name and then click the Save & Close button.
Now you have created a contact group containing all email addresses in the Blocked Senders list.
Now it’s time to create a rule to automatically delete emails from these blocked senders.
1. Shift to the Mail view, click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts.
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the New Rule button.
3. In the Rules Wizard, select Apply rule on messages I receive in the Start from a blank rule section, and then click the Next button.
4. In the second Rules Wizard, you need to configure as follows.
5. Then a Microsoft Outlook dialog box pops up, click Yes to continue.
6. When it returns to the second Rules Wizard, you can see the individual members of the selected contact group listed in the Step 2 section, click the Next button.
7. In the third Rules Wizard, tick the delete it or permanently delete it checkbox as you need, and then click the Next button.
8. In the fourth Rules Wizard, you can select the exceptions if necessary, otherwise, click the Next button without any selections.
9. Then you get to the last Rules Wizard, name the rule in the Step 1 textbox, keep the Turn on this rule box checked, and then click the Finish button.
10. When it returns to the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click the OK button to save the rule.
From now on, when receiving emails from these senders, they will be removed automatically without going to the Junk Email folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.