How to batch change the level of importance in Outlook?
Outlook allows people to send messages with a High- or Low-Importance tag, which means you may receive a bunch of messages with those tags. However, as a recipient, you may consider some of the messages not important, or you might finish the task in a message and thus you want to clear the importance mark on it.
To achieve the goal, you can double-click on a message. On the Message tab, click the arrow in the lower right corner of the group Tags, and then set the importance of the message to Normal. However, this method only works for one message each time, and it takes you several clicks. If you need to clear the importance mark on multiple messages, it could be tiresome and time-consuming. In this section, I will talk about the easiest way to change the level of importance of multiple Outlook items at a time.
1. In the Mail view, on the Home tab, click Create New in the Quick Steps box.
2. Click Choose an Action to open the drop-down list of multiple actions. Then select Set importance.
- Select Importance: High if you need to mark one or more Outlook items as high importance;
- Select Importance: Normal if you need to mark one or more Outlook items as normal importance;
- Select Importance: Low if you need to mark one or more Outlook items as low importance;
4. The name and icon of the action will update automatically, you can change them if you want. Also, you can set a shortcut key for this action (here I set CTRL+SHIFT+9 as the shortcut key), or edit the tooltip text. Then click Finish.
5. Hold Ctrl to simultaneously click on the items that you want to clear their importance flags, then click on the newly created action in the Quick Steps box; Or press the shortcut key you set. Then the corresponding flags will be removed.
Note: The instructions above show how to clear the importance flags on Outlook items. If you want to mark multiple items as high or low importance, you can select Importance: High or Importance: Low in the step 3 to add corresponding quick action.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.