How to Clear the Outlook Cache Files?
When your Outlook performance speed slows down or you have to wait for the messages to load, it’s time for you to clear the large cache files so you can regain a fast email experience. In this tutorial, we will introduce to you an easy way to clear your Outlook cache.
Note: Here takes Microsoft Outlook 365 as an instance, the steps and descriptions may have some differences in other Outlook versions.
Cache stores copies of emails in Outlook, so removing the cache doesn’t mean deleting emails or other useful information. Once you open Outlook, it automatically generates new cache files.
Before we begin the clearing process, please save your work in Outlook and close Outlook.
1. Press the Windows key (the key with the Windows logo) and R key at the same time. The Run dialog box pops up.
2. Type or paste %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook in the Open box and click the OK button.
3. Find the RoamCache folder and double-click it to view the cache files.
4. Press Ctrl + A to select all the cache files, then right-click and click the Delete button in the menu.
5. Now all the cache files are removed. You can now see RoamCache folder is empty.
Note: In step 4, you can first back up the cache files into another folder in case something goes wrong and you need to restore the files.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.