How to Clear the Outlook Cache Files?
When your Outlook performance speed slows down or you have to wait for the messages to load, it’s time for you to clear the large cache files so you can regain a fast email experience. In this tutorial, we will introduce to you an easy way to clear your Outlook cache.
Note: Here takes Microsoft Outlook 365 as an instance, the steps and descriptions may have some differences in other Outlook versions.
Cache stores copies of emails in Outlook, so removing the cache doesn’t mean deleting emails or other useful information. Once you open Outlook, it automatically generates new cache files.
Before we begin the clearing process, please save your work in Outlook and close Outlook.
1. Press the Windows key (the key with the Windows logo) and R key at the same time. The Run dialog box pops up.
2. Type or paste %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook in the Open box and click the OK button.
3. Find the RoamCache folder and double-click it to view the cache files.
4. Press Ctrl + A to select all the cache files, then right-click and click the Delete button in the menu.
5. Now all the cache files are removed. You can now see RoamCache folder is empty.
Note: In step 4, you can first back up the cache files into another folder in case something goes wrong and you need to restore the files.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.