How to read messages without sending a read receipt to sender in Outlook?
There are times when you receive a message in Outlook that requests you to send a read receipt when the message is read. If you don’t want to send the receipts, please read on this tutorial and find out how.
If you are not sure whether you are ready to send a read receipt to the send in Outlook, you can preview the messages without marking them as read, therefore, no read receipts will be sent. Please configure your Outlook as follows:
1. In the Mail view, click File > Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reading Pane under the Outlook panes section.
3. Uncheck the first two options, Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane and Mark item as read when selection changes, as shown below:
4. Click OK and go back to Outlook.
After the configuration, when you click on a message, you will be able to preview it without marking it as read. When you are ready to send a read receipt, you can double-click to open the message, or right-click and select Mark as Read, to bring up the dialog as shown below, and then click Yes.
If you never want to send a read receipt to the sender, you can follow the steps below to disable read receipts:
1. In the Mail view, go to File > Options.
2. Switch to the Mail tab, in the Tracking section, choose Never send a read receipt option under For any message received that includes a read receipt request.
3. Click OK. From now on, you will never send read receipts to the senders who requested a read receipt.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.