How to Modify or Delete Multiple Quick Parts and AutoText in Outlook?
If we have a lot of Quick Parts entries and AutoText entries, when it comes to modifying multiple ones, we have to click the Quick Parts button to find one entry at a time, then revise it, and the cycle goes on and on. It is time-consuming. Moreover, we also will run into situations where we need to delete some outdated Quick Parts entries and AutoText entries. So how should we quickly Modify or Delete them? This tutorial will show you the methods to get the job done.
Note: Here takes Microsoft Outlook 365 as an instance, the steps and descriptions may have some differences in other Outlook versions.
To manage multiple Quick Parts Entries and AutoText Entries together, the Building Blocks Organizer feature in Outlook is the trick. Here, we need to modify and delete several Quick Parts Entries and AutoText Entries. Please do as follows.
1. In Outlook, go to the Home tab, click New Email to open the page of composing a new message.
2. Place the cursor in the body of the email, then click Insert > Quick Parts. You can see the list of Quick Parts entries.
3. Place the cursor on the AutoText option, you will see the list of AutoText entries.
4. Place the cursor on any of the entries above, then right-click the entry. Then click Organize and Delete in the right-click menu.
5. The Building Blocks Organizer dialog pops up. You can see all the Quick Parts entries and AutoText entries are displayed in the Building blocks section. You can click the Edit Properties button to modify the properties of entries. And you can click the Delete button to delete entries.
6. To modify the properties of entries, click the Edit Properties button. The Modify Building Block dialog pops up. You can change the name, gallery, category, description, and inserting options of an entry. Here I added text in the Description box and changed the inserting option to Insert content only.
7. Click the OK button to save the change. A Microsoft Outlook alert message pops up, asking you whether to redefine the building block entry. Click Yes.
8. Then it comes back to Building Blocks Organizer page. We can continue to do more modifying in a fast way.
9. We can also delete the entries in the Building blocks. Click the entry no longer needed, then click the Delete button.
10. A Microsoft Outlook alert message pops up, asking you whether to delete the selected building block entry. Click Yes.
11. Once again, it comes back to Building Blocks Organizer page. We can continue to do more deleting effectively.
- Remember not to save the Quick Parts Entries in Plain Text format because we can't access the Organize and Delete option. Please see the screenshot below. Please save the Quick Parts Entries in HTML or Rich Text format for future modifications.
- The above method only allows to modify the properties of Quick parts but cannot modify the content of Quick parts. If you want to modify the content of Quick parts, the methods in the following articles can help you:
How to Rename and Edit Quick Parts Entries in Outlook?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.