How to share from Outlook to Teams or vice versa
If the organization you work in uses Microsoft Teams and Outlook to communicate and organize business, you might find times when you need to share to Outlook from Teams or vice versa. In this article, we will talk about how to send you important conversations directly from Microsoft Teams and without leaving the app, or forward a message to Teams without leaving Outlook.
Before you share a message from Outlook to Teams, you will have to make sure that you have enabled the add-in named Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office in Outlook. You can check it in File > Options > Add-ins. And see if the above add-in is listed in the Active Application Add-ins list. Then please do as follows:
1. In your Outlook 365 on the desktop, select the message you will share to a chat or channel in Teams, and then click on the Teams Menu in the upper-right corner of the message, and select Share to Teams.
- Alternatively, you can click on Share to Teams in the ribbon after you select a message.
- If you don’t see the Share to Teams option, or it’s greyed out, try to switch to the calendar of the Microsoft 365 account, and then click New Teams Meeting in the ribbon to activate the Teams add-in.
- Choose the recipients you want to share the message to in the Share to section.
- Leave a message if you need in the Type a message section. You can @ someone to get his/her attention here.
- Check the Include attachments as you need.
- Click on Share.
In your Teams on the desktop or web, you can share a chat, channel conversation, or file from Teams to Outlook.
To share a chat or a channel conversation from Teams to Outlook, please follow the steps below.
1. Find the chat you want to share in the Chat tab, or the channel conversation you will share in the Teams tab, and then hover the pointer on the chat or conversation, you will see a banner with emojis appear above the upper-right corner as shown below.
2. Click on the More actions icon …, and then choose Share to Outlook on the drop-down menu.
3. In the pop-up dialog, enter the recipients you want to share the chat or conversation to, rename the subject, type any information as you need in the body of the message, and then click on Send.
To share a file from Teams to Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Under Teams tab, in the Files group, hover the pointer over the file you want to share. And then click on the Share icon as shown below.
2. In the pop-up dialog, click on the Outlook logo to share the file as a link to a new Outlook message.
3. A new message window as shown below pops up, you can edit the message and send it to the right recipients.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.