How to recover deleted draft emails in Outlook?
In Outlook, we may run into situations that we mistakenly deleted the draft email messages while trashing unwanted emails. Is it possible to recover the deleted draft emails by any means? The answer is yes. In this tutorial, we will introduce methods to get back the deleted draft emails you need.
Note: Here takes Microsoft Outlook 365 as an instance, the steps and descriptions may have some differences in other Outlook versions.
- Using drag and drop to recover deleted draft emails
- Using the Move feature to recover deleted draft emails
Usually after you delete a draft email, it goes directly to the Deleted Items folder. To recover it, there are two simple methods to get the job done.
1. As the below screenshot shows, an important draft email was deleted by mistake, and it went to the Deleted Items folder.
2. In the Deleted Items folder, select the draft email you want to recover and drag and drop it to the Drafts folder.
Note: You can decide to which folder you want to drag and drop the draft email. But please remember the folder name in case you fail to locate the recovered draft email.
1. In this case, two draft emails are in the Deleted Items folder, both of which need to be recovered. Please see the screenshot below.
2. Select the two draft emails by holding the Ctrl key or the Shift key, right-click on one draft email, then click Move > Drafts to move the two deleted draft emails back to the Draft folder.
Note: You can move the deleted draft emails to other folders if you want by clicking Move > Other Folder.
Then in the popped-up Move Items dialog, choose the desired folder as you wish. You can even click the New button to create a new folder to store the recovered draft emails.
Sometimes when you want to track the deleted draft emails in the Deleted Items folder, you can’t find them there. To get back the deleted draft emails you need, please do as follows.
Note: The Recover Deleted Items command mentioned in this section is only available for Exchange account.
1. Click to select the Drafts folder, then go to the Folder tab, and click Recover Deleted Items in the Clean Up section.
2. The Recover Deleted Items dialog box pops up. You can sort the deleted items by clicking one column name from the Subject column, the Deleted On column, and the From column. Here I clicked the Deleted On column to sort the items from the newest date to the oldest.
3. Now select the draft emails you want to recover by holding the Ctrl key or the Shift key and selecting the items, or click the Select All button if you want to recover all the items. Here I just want to recover the first two items.
4. Make sure you select the Restore Selected Items option down below. Then click the OK button.
5. Now the selected draft emails will be recovered and moved to the Draft folder.
1. You can also select the Deleted Items folder to recover deleted items. Like the below screenshot shows.
After you restore the selected items, these selected draft emails will be recovered and moved to the Deleted Items folder.
2. To make things even simpler, you can click the Recover items recently removed from this folder option in the Deleted Items folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.