How to cancel or edit meeting as not organizer in Outlook
In Outlook, generally, only the organizer can cancel or edit the meeting. But sometimes, if the organizer is offline or busy, organizer can share the meeting with someone and give him the permission to edit the meeting. Please follow this tutorial to see how to complete this job.
If you create a meeting in Web Outlook, you can do as follow to share your calendar with someone and allow him to edit your calendar.
1. In the Web Outlook site, click calendar icon to switch to calendar view, then select the calendar you want to share.
2. Then under Home tab, click Share in the ribbon.
3. Then in the popping dialog, type the email address that you want to share calendar in the textbox.
4. After you enter the email address, you can choose how much access to allow the shared person. Choose Can edit from the drop-down list, then click Share. Now after the shared person accepts, he can edit, add, or delete events in this calendar.
Tip: you can change the permission in the Sharing and permissions dialog at any time.
5. As the person who is invited to share the calendar, click Accept and view calendar button in the received email for editing the calendar.
If you are working in Outlook desktop, also you can share the calendar with someone and give him permission to cancel the meeting.
1. Enable Outlook, click Calendar icon to switch to the calendar view.
2. Then right-click on the calendar you want to share, click Share > Share Calendar.
3. In the Sharing invitation dialog, add the email address you want to share the calendar to the To field, then tick Recipient can add, edit, and delete items in this calendar checkbox, and click Send. Then a dialog pops out to make sure if share this calendar, just click Yes.
Tip: if the account is exchange, only can share calendar with the person who is in your organization.
4. As the person who is invited to share calendar, he will receive an email, click Open this Calendar. Then he can edit the calendar.
Note: if there is no Recipient can add, edit, and delete items in this calendar checkbox in the Share invitation window, you can directly click Send button to share the calendar firstly, then right-click on the Calendar you have shared, and click Calendar Permissions, in the Properties dialog, choose the name you have shared calendar with, then click Editor from drop-down list of Permission level, then click the options you allow as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.