How to insert word count or page count in word?
You may need to insert word count or page count into a document. How to insert word count or page count in word? This article will introduce a tricky way to insert word count or page count in word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Step 1: Position the cursor where you want to insert word count or page count, and click Insert > Quick Parts > Field. See screenshot：
Step 2. Scroll down the Field names to select NumWords or NumPages. See screenshot:
1. You can select the style of ordinal numbers you want in A or B, also you can type the style you like in C.
2. If you need to keep the formatting after update, please check Preserve formatting updates.
3. If you want to quickly find NumPages and NumWords, you can select Document Information in Categories first. See screenshot:
Step 3. Click Ok, it will insert the number into the place where you cursor on. See screenshot:
Note: if you add and remove text from your document, select the word count number and page count number and Right click it to select Update Field to update the word count or page count automatically. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi, I am wondering if someone could help insert additional field that includes the Legend of of tracked changes that would show the codes for insertions and deletions as example please ?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis is good as far as it goes and it is quite simple, but we all already know how to do this. What I need to do is have a word count that includes only the text of the story and not the headings and title page text count. In other words, if I had a formula that gave NUMWORDS minus 19 words of title page, that would work. I could just insert the number of words that I know to be in the title and address, phone number etc. In this case, it was 19.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI have done some research on your situation, I hope this helps.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoRESPONDENT: If the essence of who I am is formless as you say on your website, then how can you see it and describe it as a beautiful rosy pearl nestled coyly amidst the delicate fleshy tissue of its host in its shimmering nacreous shell?
RICHARD: You are obviously referring to an email exchange of ours, on this forum, over 2 & 1/2 years ago.
Purely for the sake of clarity in communication I will re-present it in full. Vis.: [...snip...].
Second, as that which is formless (as in, timeless and spaceless, ethereal and supernal, immaterial and incorporeal and so on) is not only neither existent nor non-existent, but is not neither existent nor non-existent either, then my lustrous pearl analogy serves to convey the ethereal radiant beauty of that which is devoid of any personality whatsoever – utterly non-egoic in any way, means or manner (aka, void) – and, thus, totally ‘other’, resplendently supreme, sacred and absolute. [...snip...].
RESPONDENT: Existent and non-existent are one?