How to convert multiple numbering or bullet lists to plain text in Word
If you need to convert multiple automatic numbering or bullet lists to text, you can quickly get it done by the following methods.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
1. Select the list you want to convert.
2 Press Ctrl+C or right-click to select Copy to copy the list to the clipboard.
3. Place the cursor on a blank location where you want to paste the list on and then right-click to select from the Paste Options. After clicking button, the list is pasted as text only. You can see the result as shown in below screenshots:
Using VBA code is also a simple way to convert numbering or bullet list to text in Word. You can quickly get it done as follows:
1: Press Alt+F11 to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window;
2: Click Module from Insert tab, copy and paste the following code into the Module window;
3: Click Run button to run the VBA
VBA code about converting list to text as follow:
For those people who lack of computer knowledge, running VBA code may be difficult for them. But with Kutools for Word's List to Text utility, you can easily handle this.
Step 1. Click Kutools > List to Text, see screenshot:
Step 2. After clicking List to Text, a List to Text dialog will display to remind you the conversion of the list. Click Yes to start converting. See screenshot:
You will see all list have been converted to text as shown in the below screenshots:
Note: If you just want to convert a part of the list, please select it and apply the List to Text utility, then the selected part of the list will be converted to text.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...