How to import/insert pictures/images from file in Word
If you want to insert multiple images to a Word document all at once, the following tutorial will help you.
You can insert images or pictures by using the Word build-in Picture utility. Please do as follows:
1. Put the cursor on the place where you want to insert pictures, and click Insert > Picture. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Picture, it will display an Insert Picture dialog. In this dialog, open the folder which contains the pictures you want to insert, and then select the pictures and finally click Insert to insert the selected pictures. See screenshot:
1. If you want to insert multiple pictures from the same folder, you can hold Ctrl key to select the pictures one by one.
2. If you want to insert a picture folder, please select the folder, and click Insert.
If you have a folder contains all the pictures you want to insert, you can quickly insert the whole folder pictures to the document at once instead of selecting them one by one with Kutools for Word’s Images utility.
Step 1. Click Kutools > Insert > Images, see screenshot:
Step 2. After clicking Images, there will be an Insert Pictures dialog popping up. In this dialog, you can:
A. Add Files: You can add a picture or multiple pictures by clicking this button;
B. Add Folder: Add all pictures from the whole folder by selecting it;
C. Remove, Move Up, Move Down: You can use these three buttons to delete or rearrange your pictures;
D. Insert: please click Insert button to quickly insert pictures.
Note: under Options, you can also choose to insert file path of each picture as caption by checking the box.
For more detailed information on Images, please go to Images.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...