How to insert a drop down list in Word?
In Word, Drop down list is a good content control for users to select one of preset values from pull-down menu. This article will show you the detailed steps to insert a drop down list in your Word document.
To insert a drop down list in a Word document, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, please (1) click Customize Ribbon in left bar, (2) check Developer in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Developer tab is added in the Word Ribbon. Please click Developer > Drop-Down List Content Control button. See screenshot:
4. Now a new drop down list is inserted in current document. Go ahead to click Developer > Properties. See screenshot:
5. In the Content Control Properties dialog box, please:
(1) name the drop down list in the Title box;
(2) click the Add button in the Drop-Down List Properties section;
(3) In the Add Choice dialog box, type one choice in the Display Name box and click the OK button;
(4) Repeat above step (2) and (3) to add other choices for the drop down list;
6. Click the OK button in the Content Control Properties dialog box.
So far, you have inserted a drop down list with specified title and choices in your Word document. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.