How to insert a drop down list in Word?
In Word, Drop down list is a good content control for users to select one of preset values from pull-down menu. This article will show you the detailed steps to insert a drop down list in your Word document.
To insert a drop down list in a Word document, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, please (1) click Customize Ribbon in left bar, (2) check Developer in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Developer tab is added in the Word Ribbon. Please click Developer > Drop-Down List Content Control button. See screenshot:
4. Now a new drop down list is inserted in current document. Go ahead to click Developer > Properties. See screenshot:
5. In the Content Control Properties dialog box, please:
(1) name the drop down list in the Title box;
(2) click the Add button in the Drop-Down List Properties section;
(3) In the Add Choice dialog box, type one choice in the Display Name box and click the OK button;
(4) Repeat above step (2) and (3) to add other choices for the drop down list;
6. Click the OK button in the Content Control Properties dialog box.
So far, you have inserted a drop down list with specified title and choices in your Word document. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...