How to insert date picker showing current date by default in Word?
Let's say you want to insert a date picker in a Word template, and show the current date by default in the date picker before users picking up a date. It’s easy to insert date picker, but how to show the current date by default? This article will describe the solution in detail.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
To insert a date picker which always shows the current date by default before you picking up a date, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Word Options dialog box, please (1) click Customize Ribbon in the left bar, (2) check Developer in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
And now the Developer tab is added in the Word Ribbon.
3. Click Developer > Date Picker Content Control . See screenshot:
4. Then the Date Picker is inserted into the document. Go ahead to click Developer > Design Mode to switch to the design mode. See screenshot:
5. Keep the text of click or tap to enter a date selected in the Date picker, and click Insert > Date & Time. See screenshot:
6. In the Date and Time dialog box, please (1) specify a date format you will show the current date in, (2) check the Update automatically option, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Click Developer > Design Mode to turn off the design mode, and then click Developer > Properties to configure the date picker.
8. In the Content Control Properties dialog box, please (1) type a name in the Title box, (2) select a date format in the Date Picker Properties section or type date format code into the Display the date like this box directly, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
So far you have inserted a date picker in your Word document, and by default current date will display in the date picker until you pick up a date.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016