How to save/create table style from existing table in Word?
For example you decorated a table in a Word document, and want to save it as a new table style. However, Microsoft Word doesn’t support to create a new table style from selection. Do not worry! This article will introduce a workaround to quickly save table style from existing table in Word at ease.
Although it’s impossible to create a new table style from selected table in Word, you can save the selected table as a Quick Table easily for reusing by clicks. Please do as follows:
1. Open the source document whose table you will save as table style, select the whole table, and press Ctrl + C keys together to copy it.
2. Put cursor at blank paragraph, press Ctrl + V keys to paste it, and then press Delete key to clear all table content.
3. Select the new blank table, and click Insert > Table > Quick Tables > Save Selection to Quick Tables Gallery. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Create New Building Block dialog box, type a name in the Name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the new blank table is saved as a Quick Table.
(1) To reuse this quick table, please click Insert > Table > Quick Tables, and click the specified quick table in the submenu. See screenshot:
(2) You can’t apply this quick table style to an existing table.
(3) To remove the quick table from Quick Tables Gallery, please (1) click Insert > Table > Quick Tables, (2) right click the specified quick table in the submenu and select Organize and Delete as below screenshot shown, and finally (3) delete it from the popping out dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.