How to stop auto numbering feature in Word document?
By default, when you type 1. into the Word document, it will be recognized as numbering list, so when you press Enter key, a number list 2. will be inserted automatically. Sometimes, this may be annoying for your daily work, how could you stop this auto numbering feature in Word?
For stopping this auto numbering or bulleting feature, you can go to the Word Options to change some settings, please do as this:
1. Click File > Options to go the Word Options dialog box, in the Word Options dialog, click Proofing in the left pane, and then click AutoCorrect Options button, see screenshot:
2. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, under the AutoFormat As You Type tab, uncheck the Automatic bulleted lists and Automatic numbered lists options, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, now, the auto numbering list and bulleting list have been turned off.
If there are a list of numbering lists in your document, now, you want to convert them to normal text. How could you solve it? With Kutools for Word’s List to Text feature, you can convert multiple numbering list or bulleting list to normal plain text quickly and easily.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as follows:
1. Select the numbering list or bulleting list, and then click Kutools > List to Text, see screenshot:
2. And the selected numbering list or bulleting list has been converted to the normal text list, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.