How to find and highlight duplicate paragraphs in Word document?
Supposing, you have a large Word document which may have hundreds of pages, now, you want to check if there are duplicate paragraphs and then highlight to make them outstanding, so that you can deal with the duplicate sentences. How could you find and highlight the duplicate paragraphs quickly and easily in Word document?
To find and highlight the duplicate paragraphs in a Word document, the following VBA code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. And then, click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code into the opened blank module:
VBA code: Find and highlight the duplicate paragraphs in Word document:
Sub highlightdup() Dim I, J As Long Dim xRngFind, xRng As Range Dim xStrFind, xStr As String Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = wdYellow Application.ScreenUpdating = False With ActiveDocument For I = 1 To .Paragraphs.Count - 1 Set xRngFind = .Paragraphs(I).Range If xRngFind.HighlightColorIndex <> wdYellow Then For J = I + 1 To .Paragraphs.Count Set xRng = .Paragraphs(J).Range If xRngFind.Text = xRng.Text Then xRngFind.HighlightColorIndex = wdBrightGreen xRng.HighlightColorIndex = wdYellow End If Next End If Next End With End Sub
3. And then press F5 key to run this code, all the duplicate sentences are highlighted at once, the first displayed duplicate paragraphs are highlighted with green color, and other duplicates are highlighted with yellow color, see screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoIt throws Compile error: Syntax error, the code is 100% as the example.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI tried, and it works fine!
I just wanted to know - could I do the same thing - but not a whole paragraph, but a sentence with a few words I'd set up - like 10 words?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoTentei e não funcionou, só da que parou de funcionar.