How to change comment color in Word document?
Have you ever tried to change color of the comment balloons or comment text contents in a Word document? This article, I will talk about some method for dealing with this task in Word file.
The Change Tracking Options feature can help you to change the comment balloons color as you need, please do as this:
1. Click Review > Change Tracking Options launcher, see screenshot:
2. In the Track Change Options dialog box, click Advanced Options button, see screenshot:
3. And then, in the Advanced Track Change Options dialog box, choose one color you like from the Comment drop down list, see screenshot:
4. Then, click OK > OK to exist the dialogs, and now, the color of the comment balloons has been changed to your specified setting, see screenshot:
If you need to change the font color of the comment text, the following VBA code can do you a favor.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. And then, click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code into the opened blank module:
VBA code: Change the color of the comment text in Word:
Sub ChangeCommentsColor() Dim xComm As Comment For Each xComm In ActiveDocument.Comments xComm.Range.Font.Color = wdColorRed Next End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the red color to your need in this script: xComm.Range.Font.Color = wdColorRed.
3. And then, press F5 key to run this code, and the comment text font color has been changed as following screenshot shown:
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019