How to bracket over multiple lines of text in Word document?
In some cases, you may need a large bracket to embrace over multiple lines in a Word document in order to demonstrate the function of that lines as below screenshot shown. In this article, you will get the solutions to deal with it.
You can draw a left or right brace to bracket over multiple lines of text in Word document. Please do as follows.
1. Click Insert > Shapes, then select a left or right brace shape from the drop-down list. See screenshot:
2. Then draw a brace shape to bracket over the lines you need.
3. Select the brace shape to display the Drawing Tools, then you can specify the shapes outline, effects and color as you need. See screenshot:
Besides, you can use the formula box to bracket over multiple lines in Word document.
1. Press the “Alt” + “=” keys to insert a formula box, and type the summary words in it. See screenshot:
2. Click Design > Bracket, and then select a single left bracket from the drop-down list. See screenshot:
3. Select the first placeholder box, click Matrix > 3x1 Empty Matrix. See screenshot:
4. Right click the first placeholder box, select Column Alignment > Left from the context menu.
5. Remove the last placeholder box by right clicking it and selecting Delete Equation from the context menu.
Note: Now only three placeholder boxes existing in the formula box. If more lines (more than 3 lines) are needed in the formula box, please select the last placeholder box, and repeat the above step 3 and 4 to add more lines. See screenshot:
Please fill in the lines as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.