How to insert document information in Word?
While you are editing a Word document, in sometimes, you may need to insert the document information such as file name, author, datetime and so on into it. Except type the information manually, you also can insert the information as fields which can be updated automatically while the information has been changed.
Easily Split one word document into multiple
|Generally, we use copy and paste to split a Word document one by one, but the Split Documnet utility can split a Word document based on page, heading1, page break or section break, which will improve the work efficience . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
To insert fields, just do as these steps:
1. Place the cursor at a location that you want to insert information, click Insert > Quick Parts > Field.
2. In the Field dialog, do as these:
1) Select the Document Information from drop down list of Categories.
2) Select Info from Field names list.
3) In Info categories list, choose the information you want to insert.
4) In Format, choose the format of information displayed.
3. Click OK. Then the specified document information has been inserted.
If you want to insert document name or path to header or footer, I introduce the Insert File Information utility of Kutools for Word for you to quickly handle the job.
|Kutools for Word, with more than 100 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
Tip: If you want to update the fields, just right click at the field and select Update Field.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...